PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entering autos: discussion split from Glasgow crash thread
Old 16th Dec 2013, 19:29
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
500guy/SASless:
As devil 49 succinctly put it, there is a lot of mental agility and subsequent dexterity ongoing when the donk stops. We all agree the collective goes down.
Might I suggest that instinctively and in that first 10th of a second, the pilot should/would hold the attitude - why: because he/she is trained to maintain that which is known to reduce the effects of that which is not known (moving the attitude). THEN and only then does the pilot make the next decision which may be a new cyclic position appropriate for that solution.
The transfer from donk stop to moving the cyclic to its final position might appear (a) instant and (b) instinctive but I bet you, the pilot subconciously maintained attitude initially.
Thus (500) K.I.S.S. Keep it simple - lower lever, maintain attitude and then we haven't got to worry about Vy, 2 x Vtoss, half Vmin squared for each damn a/c
[SAS: Don't demean others by disassociating yourself from the 'maintain attitude' fraternity...its trite and unbecoming of you].

Dead Man's curve:

Afraid to say 500, you didnt just shoot yourself in the foot with that post about H/V eol's.....you blew your damned leg off

How about this:

"...As a consequence of ignoring sound technical advice as shown in the FRM, Operations and Limitations Sections, the following were injured and millions was spent repairing damaged helicopters due to prolonged operations in the H/V curve..." Thank God no-one was killed......
Talk about glass half full..............