PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entering autos: discussion split from Glasgow crash thread
Old 16th Dec 2013, 17:09
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Grenville I had to look up the definition of "Fallacious" as it had me slightly concerned. Apologies but I'm the product of a Secondary comprehensive education.

Just as soon as I had done this I had to do the same for Lonewolfs "Dichotomy"

Are we still on an Aviation forum??

I appreciate the outpouring of support for our industries finest but note that JD has declined to comment. Now it may be that such exchanges (being challenged) is beneath him or it may be he hates conflict. However I suspect it is because there is no motivation justifiable for challenging Peters assertion that NR decay is far worse than most of suspect in high speed cruise as it is a "Fallacious Dichotomy" to risk ones life to prove limits that we all need and then to promote the "extra" bit available in the safety margin.

Having said that I think we have made progress. I now know how to get into Auto (thanks TC).

As an aside, in UK, operations requiring prolonged hovering in a single (such as filming) used to be supported by the Hover SEOL exercise in the OPC specifically because the cyclic input has to be reversed to stand much chance of survival.

Is this exercise included in MEH Police OPCs today. It was not in my time??

DB