PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entering autos: discussion split from Glasgow crash thread
Old 16th Dec 2013, 14:05
SASless

Received 524 Likes on 219 Posts
HC.....it does not matter how it "started"....what is important is bringing it to a close.

DB,

I am no more loyal to Sikorsky than i am any other builder of Helicopters.

I never worked for SA, own no SA Stock, and am not flying any SA aircraft and am not employed by a company that does.

We both know that.

Can you say the same?

This is not about SA vice EC vice Bell vice AW.....but about treating each other with some respect. It is odd that the most vocal are the ones that perceive a slight even when it really wasn't there.

I see some very large Chips on some Shoulders that really do need to removed.

Reaction time.....simply stated.....should be as short as possible commensurate with applying the best or least the least harmful response that goes towards improving the situation.

As to the RFM.....who do you think has the most input on the content of the RFM? Want some hints about who here has been a Subject Matter Expert on at least one if not more than one RFM?

Your reading of Dixon's posts differ greatly from mine. No where did he suggest what you say is correct. He provided the results of empirical data that shows the range at which RPM could be recovered and in no way opined that operating at ranges lower than published in the RFM was acceptable.

Does it not make sense to you that we are given safe limits that are greater than the actual minimum limits? That should not be a difficult concept to understand. That a "thinking" person would understand the one set of limits afforded a "safe" range for normal operations and the other would not is also an easy concept to grasp or at least I thought so until recently.

Perhaps the next time you run into some EC Rotor Design Engineers......you have a chat with them about this topic with them and see what they have to say. You might find they are pretty much in line with the SA guys....or the Bell guys....or the AW guys.

One thing for sure....having had conversations with Lappos....I KNOW he knows far more than i ever dreamed about when it comes to how Helicopters are designed, built, and tested. Likewise, Brother Dixon spent a great many Years doing Test work and flew aircraft well outside the "Normal Limitations" as that was how they arrived at what those Limitations needed to be.

It is a giant step from reading about it....talking about it.....and by God doing it!

I will listen to them that have done it....thank you.