PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entering autos: discussion split from Glasgow crash thread
Old 16th Dec 2013, 12:12
HeliComparator

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts
OK SAS, I'll bite just a bit. Yes the Cougar accident was down to not following the correct drill (although of course a more timely technical response to the oil filter issue would have prevented it in the first place). However there was always a suspicion that the publicity machine of the manufacturer could have laid a seed of doubt in the minds of the pilots. Or maybe not, we will never really know.

But what I do know from first hand experience was that, when the subject of 30 mins dry run etc was aired extensively on here originally, NL was far from up front about it. I don't think he actually lied, but he was obfuscating in his replies to clear and unambiguous questions. And he certainly had no courtesy for me, trying to expose the truth as I was. OK he had his job to think about but sorry, trust is hard won and easily lost. For me, that trust is lost because as I said, whilst in many ways he is a great guy (I once had dinner with him and it was a great night), he blotted his copy book big time.

So whilst you and your fellow Americans (and even SP!) can worship him, you will hopefully forgive me if I am not a member of that religion.