PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HERO AVIATION blackmailing.
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2013, 08:19
georgez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HCAA Contact and European Visa Regulations

Hi everybody. I cannot comment on Hero Aviation but I can maybe provide some information that might help.
HCAA Contact – The HCAA should be able to help, provided that you contact them at the correct level, preferably in writing. For training/licenses please contact the Director of Flight Standards Konst. Sfakianakis, +30 210 9973562, +30 210 9973564 fax: +30 210 9973060, 210 8947181 email [email protected] (The above is on the HCAA website www.ypa.gr).

VISA Information – Following various security and immigration issues, the European Union has imposed very strict admission , and flight training checks and procedures.

Non-Europeans must obtain a specific national visa type-D, which must be followed by a Residence Permit when the student is actually in the country. Before such a visa is issued, ALL European countries examine the applicant details and agree to the visa issue. It is becoming a lengthy process, 5-6 weeks depending on the applicant’s circumstances and nationality. All Embassies hate telling them one thing and doing another, especially starting flight training with a tourist visa type C and then asking for a national visa (must be a reason?).

European Citizens do not need the visa but unless they can provide Criminal Record when the school applies for their airport pass, they have to wait until the local police checks are completed, which takes about a week.

There is another group of nationalities with special country to country arrangements and the police check takes anything in between the above.

All schools with foreign students know this. We are dealing with many foreign students (57 countries to-date) since 2006 and although the checks are becoming stricter everywhere when it comes to airport security, they only delay the training start but a couple of weeks.

I hope this is of help.