PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2013, 21:07
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Objection ! M'lud.

Too much palaver and amateur legalise. If it's a numbers game what about a simple submission supporting your favourite alphabet soup outfit. With the best will in the world, no panel will plough through and evaluate every single complex submission, no matter how well scripted, persuasive or multi coloured. Ones individual submission is just that, but 1000 supporting an organisation gives a sense of industry concord, 'unity' if you like; the non aligned affording credibility to an established membership statement.

Even if it's supporting the Kickatinalong aero club with a half dozen members, the submission carries the 'weight' of numbers. Get the 'boys' together, bring a slab, light the BBQ, kick it around, make some bullet points, expand into short paragraphs – PDF and click send. It's a worthwhile and a doddle, when KISS is applied.

By all means express your dissatisfaction with the ToR and security, it may make you feel better, it may even increase the 'numbers'; but, complaining after the event serves very little practical purpose. There is sod all chance of them doing it again, because "we wuz afeared". The only problem I can see is that the 'heavy duty' public submissions may not be available for reading until after the closing date, so perhaps if you contact the alphabet group of your choice a copy may be made available. You can always ask, they will value your support; they may even put on their website. (Hint).

I know – back to my knitting right.