PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes To Nppl Instructor Requirements
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2003, 01:52
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is going to the seminar cheaper?

140 quid for the test and 35 for the airplane for an hour.

much cheaper than taking 2-3 days off work BnB near where the seminar is etc etc.

Fair enough its 4-5 hours of hard work but its not something you have to relearn you should be doing it as standard everyday.

For what i have heard what the examiners get charged for the renewal of there FIE, I don't begrudge them a penny of the test fee. In fact with the new rules i don't see how most of them can justify holding a FIE from a financial point of view.

As for NPPL instructors I don't think it will work. Most of the NPPL's we have done have been for failed medicals. Even if the student intends to only hold a NPPL, all that have been medically capable have been doing the JAR ppl first then will apply for a NPPL when the class 2 is next up. As long as they keep there SEP current they can get there JAR ppl current again if they choose they need to exersice those rights.

What the NPPL has been good for is quick medical certs. Most of the GP's round us are doing them for free, and yes BEagle there have been quite a few signed in pubs over a wee dram and god knows if the certificate was signed by the pilots GP (or even if the bloke that signed it was a doctor at all).

And i have sent off my form for the NPPL 2 weeks ago. As should everyone on a JAR license before they realise that its going to cost them lots of money to administrate this lot for a one off fee.
Get both medicals done for your next class 1/2 my AME couldn't see the problem if i had just passed the class 1, then if your class 2 runs out and you won't be needing the JAR rights just fly on the NPPL rights.

I can see the AME's kicking up a stink soon as well as their revenue drops off bet that isn't cheap keeping it current either.

Hows things getting along with adding night and IMC rights to the NPPL?

MJ