PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying to France this Sunday...
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2003, 01:14
TE RANGI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

It's interesting to note that no French have bothered to reply to this thread.

I agree with posts above that generally speaking, a little disdain from the French is all that you can fear. Beware though that the war in Iraq and its horror pictures, widely seen in France but not in America, may be changing attitudes very rapidly and very deeply. But we'd better leave the political debate aside from PPrune.

I know both countries quite well and I can assure you that the cliché of French arrogance is no more true than that of American ingenuity. Both countries have striking similarities and unsurmountable differences. America is a great country and France is very civilised.

I see no reason why you shouldn't enjoy your trip. Compared to the US, France has lots of charm, style and beauty. Crime rate is much lower, educational and cultural levels are considerably higher (education and healthcare are free) and so's the general living standard. As an added bonus, French food is far, far better (and healthier), not to mention their wines, and last but not least, French women are undisputedly prettier.

Good luck.

PS: I was forgetting that Airbus is now beating Boeing worldwide.