PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 15th Dec 2013, 13:36
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
DAPT,

I challenged the content of the post.....and did not attack the poster personally.

There is a real difference.

I read his post to mean he thinks a former Chinook Pilot who was flying the 135 that night had not been able to make the reversion from flying a Chinook to a smaller Single Rotor Helicopter, and thus somehow contributed to the crash.

In my view there is no other way to read it.

Just because one makes a Post here....does not in anyway mean the content will not be challenged and sometimes in a rather blunt way. The second line of the quote of mine says that.

I strongly disagree with what Standard Overhaul had to say, both in content and apparent intent....and I welcome his response justifying or explaining what he said. I am quite confident he cannot provide any evidence to show the return to Single Rotor flying is difficult.

He is right to the degree that Autorotations in a Chinook are different than those in a Single Rotor Helicopter....but then they are different between types as well. One example would be doing them in a Huey or Jet Ranger or in a Hughes 500 or EC-350....but in the final analysis the concept is the same for every helicopter.

Tandem.....now Lad....we know the Truth. Chinook Pilots are all Superb Pilots and some Single Rotor Pilots are Superb.....those who move to the "Dark Side" as we did.