PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Right Seat of B767 or NG?
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2013, 09:55
tropaco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right Seat of B767 or NG?

I'm not sure if I am asking this question in the right forum, but I wanted to get the opinion of some of you more experienced and less bitter pilots out there.

I am currently operating the B737 Classic EFIS and I have been presented with the opportunity to progress to the right seat of a B767 or an NG and I am in two minds as to where either might lead me in the future. I still see some jobs calling for B767 time on type should things not quite work out down the road as a backup plan. Which aircraft would be the better career option down the road, considering hiring for the big ME or Asian Airlines - if it would make any difference at all? I want to differentiate myself from the herd of pilots applying for these jobs and my thought is that some wide body and medium/long haul experience might be a good thing to add to the CV? However being that the NG is regarded by some as having more in common with the newer Boeing wide bodies might it be better to stick to the NG and better the devil you know? I know this is not an exact science but some advice here would be greatly appreciated.

I understand that its not just about hours these days and your over all experience profile is just as important.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.