PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar/Staa
Thread: Qatar/Staa
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2013, 07:46
wonderland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, since you were the "bigger man" and apologized, let me explain...

There are 2 schemes here, self-sponsored, and P2F. A lot of people get them mixed up. For e.g. a self sponsored cadet from say, TigerAir, pays for his training all the way up to type rating, and maybe a bank order is given as a bond for the line training. I won't know I am not from TigerAir.

P2F on the other hand, is pretty much a guy who probably did his training ranging from some of the best schools e.g. CAE / CTC / Bristol / etc. or from flying schools SO bad, that they generate their own coriolis effect and people just deviate away from them, these sh*t hole establishments are normally around in Asia, Africa, and some are in the US of A. These guys would normally join as FIs or GA pilots to build hours, and then transition to jets, but there are those few, who paid scrupulous airlines or agents to "build hours" in the right hand seat of a medium range jet transport (MRJT) straight after getting their CPL/IR.

So when these guys decide to pay their way, guess what happens? It's similar to having two children, and giving only 1 a piece of the candy, the other kid will look on and start whining why he cant get 1 too.

Put this in an airline perspective, other airlines will look and say, "hey, there are idiots out there willing to pay for base checks, medicals, EVEN TO WORK FOR US!" And in the ever so Singaporean accent, you can say "whoa spoil market bro!"