PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entering autos: discussion split from Glasgow crash thread
Old 14th Dec 2013, 22:22
170'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Senior Pilot...

Nick's a big boy and more than capable of defending himself.
Is it the role of a moderator to defend his friends? I thought you were supposed to be an impartial bystander simply maintaining a pre-determined level of decorum within the forum. Nick has plenty of support from many fans on this site.Surely you could at least use a different user name to support your buddy and display your feelings as a regular poster, rather than add unfair weight to your thoughts as an Official of the website!

As for your comment of yours regarding Nicks previous experience in 'workaday' operations. He's been in 'flight test' since 1973 according to the latest Bio, so I'm guessing that 'workaday' experience is passed it's shelf life by now? Although I still have trouble putting driving a snake in the 'workaday' world?

A final point. I challenged Nick on one issue, it has morphed into an apparent hatred I must have for Nick, and that's not the case.

I have given him huge credit where huge credit is due in 'flight test' and high level formulae, but argue about his being out of touch with end users at my level. My level being heavily populated with older airframes often driven by older pilots who spend a lot of time in the HV diagram and we do know what we're doing (much of the time)

I'm superstitious by nature so I'm going to hang it up now as I just realized that I have sim Monday and then a 12 hour flight to go hang out in the HV for 30 days again. Luck might have it that I get a double flameout at 200' and **** up the recovery attempt, which would give you and Nick the biggest 'Gotcha' of all time... so that's all from me!

As far as I'm concerned, No hard feelings!

ps: HC posted while I was writing, it wasn't a set-up re your impartiality!