PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What a conundrum
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2013, 15:38
Boeing Cloud Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a conundrum

Afternoon guys,

Somewhat confused

So far I've tried working air side at Farnborough (ramp work), operations for a small operator (no chance of flying), dropped CV's on desks, cockpits and occasionally thrust one towards a startled chief pilots face in the car park. Networked like crazy even felt like a stalker at times!

Nothing. not a sausage, to even get a reply is like winning the lottery, I am totally up for working my way up, id jump at the chance of an ground operations role to move up to the RH, only to be told sorry we currently only want ground based people who intend not to move out the office. I even know people that have done it this way before

Yet the occasional log in to Facebook sees a array of pictures from someone who cant even grow a facial hair sitting RH seat of a small prop or biz jet.

My experience level is low I couldn't agree more. Around 300 TT, UK citizen modular trained finished up at one of the big FTO's 2 years ago. I could have done an FI course (if I'm totally honest I feel i'd make a bad teacher) and keep getting told to hold off in case I need to pay for a rating. I can only afford one or the other, in fact even one is pushing it.

What would be your next move?

Any private messages of help much appreciated.

Tell me to wake up and smell the roses.. all I can smell is stale socks