PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2013, 01:25
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In attempt to get this thread back on track:

I feel that certain posters on this thread are just willing the airport to fail - and to hell with the livelihoods of a significant number of people that work there - BAMC included.
Believing this to have been posted in response to my previous post I'll answer to it:

I don't believe that anyone is willing CWL to fail, moreso a case of being realistic, I went back some 30 years in history citing airline upon airline that have tried, and failed, to make something work out of CWL.

My point, of some bemusement, was that these enthusiasts on such threads as this are repeatedly calling for government subsidies, abolishment of APD etc. in the main to subsidise individuals who will only travel by air if they're getting a bargain.

And as for suggestion of willing people to become unemployed, well isn't it the majority of posters on this thread that are willing those employed at BRS to become unemployed by government subsidies and/or abolishment of APD at CWL?

And as for BAMC, just as an example a long standing maintenance facility exists at Lasham despite there being no other airfield activities besides gliding and BA are still going to need a MC whether it be at CWL or somewhere else.

A point is that CWL needs to diversify to get more non flying revenue coming in such as maintenance, previously there was an aircraft factory across by the flying club(s), do whatever because any growth in passenger numbers is going to be slow and only then until the next recession.

But then the Welsh Government decided to develop another aerodrome for maintenance etc. about 3 miles along the road from CWL didn't they?