PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2013, 18:32
Danny42C

Some little Chap has had a Mishap.

Could there ever be such a brilliant demonstration of what "our" Thread is really all about ? I put in a perfectly innocuous question ("What was EASA, please ?), and ten Posts later I could write a Doctorate thesis on the subject (and a lot of chaps have had a lot of fun !)

No, this is not "off Thread". This is a Forum working exactly as intended, and our wise Moderators stay their hands and leave us to play nicely.

Now I know what EASA is, I thank my stars that in my youth I could for three years, free as a bird, fly all over a sub-continent with no need to trouble about anybody or anything - certainly no official body - outside the cockpit, with a radio which was good about as far as the wingtip. Them were the days ! (I pity you youngsters).

Re #4788 (Warmtoast): (a) this ought to be on the Caption Competition (b) why is that little knot of goofers pointing and gazing raptly up at the tailwheel ? (c) if there's something wrong with that, why prop it up out of reach ? (d) why would a Hastings need a retractible tailwheel anyway ? (it doesn't go fast enough) (e) how come the ghostly mirror image script got on the back ?

(That should trigger something off !) Danny.