PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2013, 14:05
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamesair
Once the 400 houses have been built and occupied, it will probably make any expansion of flights at the airport impossible, with the main objections coming from the new residents (niose, pollution etc.). They will probably object to existing aircraft noise.
My sentiments entirely
DTVAirport
Your stoic attitude in support of everything put in front of you by the owners is commendable, if not a little naive. Errecting a few hangars is not an issue either way as they could be turned to a multitude of uses. Perhaps you may obtain a greater understanding of the owners intentions if you were to address their attitude to the granting of leases to existing aviation related activities......
As for those attending to view the masterplan then I suspect that there is a predominance of local residents anxious to secure comfort that their own peaceful environment is not compromised, and actually has very little to do with actual operation of a working airport. Indeed they would presumably be the same nimby's who would turn out IF fortune had been different in that the master plan presenred was actually one of expansion.
I'm starting to think this one may be out of the airports hands.
& now what are you coming up with ?, surely not something along the lines "It's not our fault!"