PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - explain the "auto throttle" to me/us
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2013, 11:17
roulishollandais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RetiredF4
we had some kind of auto throttle as well, computed in our brain by reference to speed and attitude (present and desired) and implemented in our left elbow and hand
Adding eyes's scan it is what I call "Gesture algorithm".
Originally Posted by RetiredF4
Now in the days of automation and magenta line training this ability to correlate speed and attitude to the thrust necessary has been lost, and a few (as i hope only a few) occupants of the front office ( i dare to name those pilots) even don't know anymore, what a AS indication is good for and what keeps an aircraft fly
NTSB hearings show they have no intention and are no more able to modify that misbehaviour, individually or in crew. They call it their culture....
Originally Posted by gums
The folks on the AF447 thread know me, and they know my opinions regarding FBW, so we can skip all that stuff. They also know my opinion about a HUD, and I think a good HUD would have helped a lot for the Asiana pilot.
Designing his HUD, GILBERT KLOPFSTEIN wrote and showed that it was easier to be aware of the actual State of the Bird considered as a dynamic system and to control the path in one sight with correct speed, thrust, attitude.