PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does your company describe circling approaches?
Old 13th Dec 2013, 09:08
cosmo kramer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like a good burger!

Besides from AirRabbit's condescending tone that we all needed to consult a flight instructor (thereafter posting the quote below!!), what set me off is his proposed alternative, to navigate according to the nearest MacDonald.

I will make one recommendation (presuming, of course, you won't like it nor act on it - so I'm probably wasting my typing skills, but ...) and that is you not jump down the throat of your colleagues before you know who they are, what they do, how well they do it, and whether your criticizing them will make them or you look bad.
I have no problem with American culture in general either. Great country and lots of fantastic achievements. However, Americans tend to be extremely self-centered, especially in online discussions. US is one of 190-odd countries in the world. FAA regulations are a local deviation to ICAO rules in one of those 190 countries. Hence, when communicating in an international forum, it might be more relevant to discuss ICAO rules, and specifically emphasize when mentioning local deviations.