PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - explain the "auto throttle" to me/us
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2013, 02:21
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Yep, actual Dash-1 was 175 plus some knots for fuel over 3,000 pounds, but what the hell. Only the 104 had similar speeds on approach, best I recall.

Only had about 500 hours in the jet before the "war" called me, and I remained an attack puke next 16 years.

We sure appreciated the Cannucks flying 200 miles north of us toward the North Pole, but from our Grand Forks' orbit north of Gimli we could still see Baffin Bay, heh heh.

I am not a dinsosaur steeped in "hand flying" all the time, and I flew two of the latest and greatest jets with advanced avionics and nav features that the airlines did not get for years.

But I still have a problem understanding exactly how that auto-throttle fits in when merged with the auto pilot modes. I am confused. And I can't get a sim ride to see how it all works.

The folks on the AF447 thread know me, and they know my opinions regarding FBW, so we can skip all that stuff. They also know my opinion about a HUD, and I think a good HUD would have helped a lot for the Asiana pilot.