PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G550 closes Stansted
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2013, 19:02
Scottso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seeming dearth of information.

I find it surprising that we have an aircraft on an ILS which lands some 25 m short of the runway threshold, damages an ILS antenna and itself at a major international airport yet there is so little apparent information or interest in the event. (60 hours passed and only 15 posts.) Had the same occurred and the aircraft be a major carrier would the response have been the same? Somehow I doubt it.

There seems to be nothing about the weather conditions at the time or the ‘nature’ of the approach in use.

It would seem that there can be no doubt about the integrity of the ILS installation since it seems to have been reinstated pretty quickly so presumably someone in authority knows something with a pretty high degree of certainty. It is my belief that, a few years ago, a post incident or post accident flight inspection would have been deemed necessary or prudent for all parties. Maybe this has happened already.

Perhaps the information is there somewhere but I can not find it on this thread.

As it presently stands, to me the incident/accident seems just a minor irritation and not to be concerned with. Does anyone else see it this way? Perhaps it really was not that significant in the scale of things but it is one of very few accidents/incidents in the UK involving an ILS since the 90’s.

I hope this does not sound arrogant or dismissive and grateful for any information. There are many questions lurking..