PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - State of play at MyTravel/Kestrel
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2003, 16:32
kinsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Kishna

Yes difficult times for sure but if you look at the AGM report revenue from sales are up. From that I hope we can assume that we are making some money.

Nearly all of our operations made money last year, the loss came from piss poor accounting/management over several years and a very poor performance from the main PLC.

Let us not forget TC/JMC made a loss of over £180 million last year! We are not the only ones with problems! I am not playing down the situation but all this negative talk helps no one in the industry or the country as a whole. Our economic welfare hinges on public confidence and perceptions which at the moment are being damaged by very gloomy predictions from the media. Most of these predictions are from so called expert reporters and industry analysts who at best are making an educated guess.

I would just like to see some balanced factual reporting rather than the speculation and misinformation that seems to fill the media most of the time.

Question from ITV acnchor this morning with regard to the rescued 18 year old american soldier. Having been told the lady had two broken legs, a broken arm and gun shot wounds! "can you tell us if her injuries are serious"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!