PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senior Aviation/Austin Aviation
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2013, 16:23
helipaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phoenix Helicopter Apprenticeship { the facts)

A quick response for the benefit off willicopter and helimutt and anyone else concerned about our apprenticeship scheme.

Apologies for delay in replying but I don’t use this site very much as it rarely hosts any accuracy. I am Paul Andrews from Phoenix Helicopter Academy and to clarify our position:
Our Apprenticeship Scheme is completely genuine, apprentices do NOT have to part with ANY Money for our training, their only costs are outside costs of for a CAA medical and the Distance Learning Providers ground school outside our training environment, it’s a three year apprenticeship to cover the full 185 hours flying required, we have at present two on our 2013 enrolment, one has done 40 hours flying this year and one has done around 50. (AT NO COST TO THEMSELVES).
We do not expect anyone to pay for any elements of their flying on the basis that we may pay for other elements. It’s all included. We only intend to take on one person for the 2014 enrolment.
The vacancy has been running on our web site for over a month and we have moved to the interview stage for our 2014 intake. No pre-entry requirements have been expected.
As to why we have not added a news item about our first apprentice joining the North Sea, This was at his request.
If anyone has any real concerns apart from thoughts that have made up their mind and jumped to their opinions prior to assessing the facts please don’t hesitate to contact me. My email is on the vacancy advert.