PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta 767 runway excursion in MAD
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2013, 14:54
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sailvi 767:

I thank you for your input. Isn't it a shame that we can't get reports like yours on pprune a lot quicker in order to stop the idiots from posting rubbish?

For many years, I have been hoping that Pprune would get back to being a Professional Pilots Forum but I now accept that in today's commercial advertising environment this is unlikely to happen.

Just about every professional pilot in the world knows that in a serious loss of hydraulic situation, nosewheel steering is one of the first luxuries to be taken away.

So, the Delta crew, having through no fault of their own lost two out of three hydraulic systems decided to get back on the ground.

This was an excellent decision and I speak with more than 50 years of professional flying. They did a great job. They landed the aircraft and kept it straight until it became impossible and gently went off the side of a runway.

I don't believe that they ever had the luxury of having been on a taxiway.

No one was hurt. The aircraft was undamaged (any more than it was by the tyre burst - talking of which, I once survived a landing where all 16 tyres blew).

So that brings me back to the way Pprune is headed.

Transilvana:

Now that you know the truth, would you consider apolgising to the Delta crew for the rubbish that you have posted on this thread?

Would you agree with me that you know NOTHING about operating large aircraft?

I see that you are a glider pilot (according to your profile). I would like you to know that I have been flying gliders for more years than you will ever know throughout my professional career and I was a CFI on a gliding club for 17 years. If you had been one of my members then I would have been ashamed of you.

Incidentally, I introduced pprune to the word "sciolist".

It is just such a terrible shame that the rest of us who have so much experience of professional flying are being put off from contributing our past experiences by idiots like the above-named sciolist.