PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2013, 10:38
camlobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acknowledgements.

Dave Wilson,
There is a Tri-Pacer near to me that I know very well and like even more...and the owner has offered it to me at a reasonable price. Must get through Christmas first. It is a 1954 aircraft that was exported directly to RSA, and then made its way North to its first operator, the Kenya Police Air Wing (as a bomber) but the rest is another story. And as BEagle has mentioned, it is a non-EASA aircraft, so no direct European beaurocratic excessives. Breighton is on my 'must do' list, maybe next year.

Danny,
Good to hear from you on your R&R. With regard to the Tri-Pacer, although there is a spring interconnect betwixt aileron and rudder (the American method of ensuring coordinated turns...makes for interesting crosswind landings though), I suspect the aircraft you are referring to is the Ercoupe, with all three axis controlled by the yoke, and because it didn't really stall, it couldn't be spun - simple and safe.

I may have earned the right to wear the uniform, but there was a long way to go to get to that final goal. Oh, and the vultures come back at me once or twice again, but maybe later.

Teeteringhead
My only experience of Hastings (aircraft that is) was a wonder around and in one, Newark air Museum perhaps? Far steeper incline than what this tail dragging Erk was used to.

And I for one look forward to your "dits".

Camlobe

Carry on regardless.