PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2013, 19:54
camlobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A decision is required

Gentlemen,
If I may press upon you all for a moment. This thread is of interest to countless readers and contributors. By virtue of its total content, it is, as has been mentioned, of considerable historic importance, and if for that reason alone, it should be preserved for our younger and interested up-and-coming military aviators.

One of the most important parts of life in uniform is the ability to link to the historic roots of that service, no matter which colour the uniform may be. This thread was started, albeit reluctantly by the late cliff nemo, and has naturally evolved entirely due to the twists, turns, humour and sadness of its irreplaceable contributors (myself excepted).

The title of the thread may seem to some to be less important than than its total content. Others my view it as a place purely for contributions from participants eligible only if they meet the criteria of the title.

Sadly, as we know only too well, if the second view is the only one used, this wonderful thread will be rather thin in its content.

Perhaps, in the best tradition of our fine service, which has never been a democracy, this is a decision to be made by the Senior Member of the crew room.

There, I have passed the buck, and the "Boss", our missing Danny, can carry the can.

Over to you, Sir.

Camlobe

"Never confuse qualification with capability." Camlobe 1984