View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2013, 17:35
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gloat
gləʊt/
verb
gerund or present participle: gloating
dwell on one's own success or another's misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure.
"his enemies gloated over his death"
synonyms: delight in, relish, take great pleasure in, enjoy greatly, revel in, rejoice in, glory in, exult in, triumph over, crow over; More

What I said

When I read this thread & (some of ) the attitudes therein (never mind the totally "unfit for purpose" industrial legislation) I am so glad I p1ssed off from the UK 21 years ago.

What you said

Now to all of you Flybe pilots who are complaining about losing your bases/jobs, etc., just think very carefully about all the other pilots out there who lost their bases/jobs because of Flybe undercutting their airlines and making their routes and bases unviable when they had got by quite happily for years before that. It's that undercutting that has made Flybe unviable and causing your problems, but you didn't complain about it at the time. (To make it worse, Flybe now pulling off any of those routes will be adding insult to injury for any of those pilots who lost out to Flybe's predatory but unsustainable past practices.)

Well, I won't say "pot/kettle/black" because really, life is too short for handbags at dawn. As I said, glad to be out of it, highly recommend others to do the same if the chance arises, & I think telling soon to be redundant folks to remember what their company (their company mind, not THEM) may have done in the past, whilst not "gloating" per se, is certainly a little bit "up-yours", is it not ? Hopefully wherever they end up will have more welcoming souls than thee, who won't harbour irrational grudges against fellow professionals merely doing/needing a job. Like I said, so glad I left this twee/sick mentality behind 21 years ago.

Enjoy your fog

Now, "that" is gloating

Last edited by captplaystation; 12th Dec 2013 at 10:19.