PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2013, 10:26
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have bought several new Commodores since the 1990's, my last being in 2011.
I will tell you the problem - they are a pile of ****. Each model I have bought since 2007 has gotten worse. The quality in my opinion is now absolute ****e, and quite simply they are not worth the money. Add on top of that the ridiculous fuel costs including the governments $0.45 per litre extortion that goes into their greedy pocket, the daylight robbery rego costs for a 6 and 8 cylinder (again you can blame the thieving state governments for their greed), and throw into the mix the spiralling insurance costs courtesy of corporate greedy insurance companies and you soon see why Holden is in trouble, everybody wants their greedy big slice of the pie, and the average Aussie battler is now basically saying 'we can't afford a Commodore anymore, stick it up your ass'. Instead we can buy a small to medium 4 cylinder Mazda or Toyota, cheaper, with better quality. And as for the Holden Cruze, my god, another complete piece of crap.

In part, Holden has screwed Holden, just as Qantas has screwed Qantas. Both companies had a quality product AND were making money, but in typical fashion they got greedy, severed the quality of the product while increasing prices until they reached the point where Joe Public said 'no more, you can get stuffed, I'm going elsewhere'. Greedy executive parasites are to blame for most of these companies woes.