PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is BALPA fit for purpose
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2013, 07:34
Set 1013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The company can and WILL do what they see fit. They will of sourced good sound legal advice before going down the route they have taken. That advice will be fact and based on current employment laws which has concluded that policy F is unsafe in its current format!

Regardless of your opinion on policy F, stop clutching at that straw! It is an inherited prehistoric document that is unfit in the current work place! Do you see this practise at other companies like Tesco when they have to make cuts? NO! Because it wrong!

Is BALPA unfit for purpose? YES! I left Balpa a long time ago for many reasons that I won't go into on here, but suffice to say I think they are a very expensive waist of space. My colleagues say to me you should be member to protect yourself. If that is the only reason people can give to be a member of a union then that says it all!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you itch and everybody else at risk, including myself! However the time has come to take this on the chin and move on with life. Nothing is certain and I feel for people who have their head in the sand thinking policy F will save them.

Last edited by Set 1013; 11th Dec 2013 at 08:18.