PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Wildenrath these days (photos)
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2013, 07:19
bosnich71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAMXXV .... " to my knowledge Pembrokes never ever used cameras". Neither did Chipmunks but they did take pictures.
I was a groundie on Canberras so no flying thank you very much !
As our Squadron detachment flight line was adjacent to Air Movements we obviously noticed things happening on the airfield. The arrivals/departures of the daily British United trooping flights was always a highlight, not from an aircraft point of view just for any 'birds' aboard.
One thing that a few of us did notice however was that the Pembrokes arriving from wherever did not always taxy straight into Comms Flt. but would sometimes stop on the taxiway after clearing the runway, an RVT truck would approach, doors would open and close, the RVT truck would drive off and the Pembroke would continue it's journey to the Flt. Line.
None of us at the time knew anything about Brixmiss but years later my Wife did tell me that she had nursed senior Russian Army officers whilst serving in the QA's at BMH Rinteln.Until I read about Brixmiss some years later I just thought that she was a tad delusional.