PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2013, 02:58
DrPepz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone please alert Alan Joyce that the company most working in favour of Singapore's interests is none other than his very own company? By continually pumping hundreds of millions of dollars into Jetstar Asia, he is bringing untold number of tourists into Singapore while running a loss making outfit. By transferring flights from JQ to 3K, he is creating many jobs in Singapore (though on my last 3K flight the flight crew and cabin crew were mostly non locals). So when Alan Joyce says that Virgin Australia is working in the interests of Singapore, Abu Dhabi and New Zealand:

Qantas has Jetconnect which employs Kiwis and creates jobs there
Qantas funnels all its pax to Dubai strengthening them as an air hub
Qantas invests hundreds of millions in Jetstar Asia, creating many jobs in the Singapore economy and employing many Singaporeans.

As a Singaporean taxpayer, from my point of view, SQ is taking money out of Singapore and throwing it at Virgin Australia, unsure of whether it will get any returns. Qantas however, is taking money out of Australia and merrily investing it in Singapore without any returns but at great benefit to the local economy. I should thank QF on behalf of my country for the great service they have done to our nation, expecting absolutely nothing in return!