PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extraordinary definition of 'adequate'.
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2013, 01:36
The FUB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The company's response is perfectly adequate, as far as they are concerned.

1. Put a big wedge on the AOA's membership.
2. Offer a few base slots with reduced COS, if there is a large scramble then reducing COS further will be an available tool.
3. No immediate pay rise equals more budget savings.

In any battle the commander will have his deception plan, his/her dummy sidestep then right out of the left field the killer blow, unexpected.

Maybe we should be considering how their "offer" will split the membership further, how far will be be prepared to go?
1.US bases at 96hrs credit before EFP? (I'm Aussie so doesn't affect me)
2. PX on freighter. (I'm Airbus so dosen't affect me)
3. Reduced COS and handing back BPP. (I'm a cn on a base so doesn't affect me)
4. Reduction in housing to give new joiners an increase. (Made my money from housing so doesn't affect me)

CX know that it will be a divide and conquer offer, be prepared, leave the GC to draw the lines in the sand.

Now is the time to consolidate our position, every hour spent arguing with the GC, means less time for the GC to formulate a successful plan. We voted the GC to represent us, give them the space to do the job, in 2 months time the landscape may be so different it's unrecognisable.

In the meantime if you as an individual want to make a difference, stop answering the phone and working G days, or check the person next to you and ask are you a G day hero? IF so no sector for you matey, ever again. We will not improve our conditions unless CX are forced to, there is no cost for goodwill on the accountants bottom line.

United we stand, divided we fall.