PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skippers lose conquest at mine?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2003, 05:53
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
This has been blown right out of proportion, grow up people.

An incident happened, it was correctly handled, pax and crew safe, aircraft bent who cares.

The conquest is a good ship.

The conquest on one engine below 120 kts after takeoff is a handful FOR ANYONE INCLUDING A CESSNA TEST PILOT.

Skippers uses its staff the way the staff use the company, most of the staff are just using it as a stepping stone, everyone knows it.

Skippers check and training is far better in my view than many other operators operating similar equipment conducting charters, that is if the other operators have check and training at all.

By all accounts both crew had over 1000 hrs multi, 1000 hrs turbine, endorsed on type, current etc. The 441 should not be a problem then.

Dale Harris

I am not having a go at you, sorry if I am posting something you already know.

I understand that skippers operates under a standard industry exemption to CAO 48/48.1, not a fatigue management system (FMS).

A condition in the current 22 FMS CAO 48 exemptions that have been approved by CASA and currently being used by operators around the country is that no secondary employment is to be undertaken without the permission of the employer.

Its in their ops manuals, the pilot sign it off saying they will operate to that exemption.

SmallGlassofPort

You have to work under the rules for the AOC holder when you work for the AOC holder. The CAOs are not designed for a pilot working under multiple AOCs. CAO 48 "Section 48.1 shall take into account any flight and duty time performed in the course of private operations." also "Notwithstanding anything contained in these Orders, a flight crew member shall not fly...... is suffering from, or, considering the circumstances of the particular flight to
be undertaken, is likely to suffer from, fatigue or illness"