PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G1000 vs ANALOG
Thread: G1000 vs ANALOG
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2013, 21:28
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In terms of redundancy these systems have progressed. The earlier versions had a single solid state gyro, they now have two, there has always been the ability to transfer data between screens, so a complete systems failure is less likely. Check which version is fitted. I assume your operations are strictly VFR? If so I cant imagine why you need any of the frills of a G1000? They are pretty, they are brilliant for IFR (IMO), they may help the resale value because that is the way things are going, but they are definitely not need for VFR work, can only be more costly to maintain and more complex. Changing anything in a six pack is really straight forward, a range of parts are available off the shelf, new and over hauled, any avionics engineer can make the repairs and do the write up and the reliability is now days really good. Pretty six packs may not be, but they do the job very well be in no doubt.

So you say your concern is maintenance and faults - if that is your sole concern without doubt I think it must be analogue instruments.