PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minecraft - bad video card drivers!
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2013, 15:27
Pelikal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fc - thanks. This is where I was getting confused. I understand the difference between a backup and a restore point now, it's so helpful to be told the basics.

I do a scheduled back up to an external of system drive C, though not really sure what files are being backed up.

I also do a manual back up of my documents on drive D.

I did actually turn off the restore point setting as I thought it was taking up too much space but have now turned it back on and made a manual restore point.

Sorry about the repetition here as there are 2 current threads on the restore/back-up subject. I've been through those and hopefully understand a bit more now. I realise I'm drifting off my own thread here but I've been wanting to tackle this backup/restore stuff for sometime before something goes wrong.

Am I right that a System Image is different entirely? I also saw a reference to Shadow Copy but not sure where. My EXT. is formatted FAT32 as I share it with the Mac. I understand that to save a system image the format must be NTFS.

I know it's possible to create 2 partitions on the drive each formatted differently but to do that now I think I would lose all data stored, I'm not sure.

Still looking forward to trying digital Lego. Cheers all.