PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2013, 10:33
pilotchute

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is the proof

Code:
As 2013 is quickly coming to an end we would like to take this opportunity to update you on the current and projected Advanced Entry opportunities with Cathay Pacific Airways.

As indicated in previous correspondence the Advanced Entry selection process has been placed on hold. We recently received the training plan outlining the crew requirement for next year and it has been decided by Management that the focus will remain on the Cadet Pilot stream and therefore there will be no Advanced Entry selection process scheduled for the foreseeable future.

I understand this may come as a disappointment however, if we are in a position to recommence the Advanced Entry selection process, we will endeavour to contact you.  In such a case, further assessment will be required.

Should you remain interested in a Cathay Pacific Second Officer opportunity kindly keep us up-dated with your career progression including significant changes to your personal and/or professional details via the careers link at Welcome to Cathay Pacific.

We wish you all the best.

Yours sincerely,

Paula Rousseau

Assistant Manager Flight Crew Recruitment

Telephone: +852-2747-8248
Decided by "Management" or the HK Immigration Dept?

If "Management" think that they can fill all the future pilot requirements by hiring Ab Initio Cadets only they will be in for a rude shock. A post in the Fragrant Harbour forum painted a picture of SO's struggling to make the standard for promotion to JFO and the training dept being stretched to the limit trying to do it.

I would predict that in the not to distant future CX may be forced to re open the DEFO stream to fill some gaping holes in experience levels. I wonder what sort of package will be on offer?

Last edited by pilotchute; 10th Dec 2013 at 11:09.