PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does your company describe circling approaches?
Old 10th Dec 2013, 03:11
cosmo kramer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not criticizing your experience, which I have no possible way to evaluate or judge. What I am saying about your experience is I don't care!

This is a discussion forum, what counts here are what arguments and knowledge you present. Your post are longwinded, full of adjectives and small anecdotes that are irrelevant to the point. I didn't eat 5000 meals crossing the Atlantic (too young and also no desire), I don't waste my time doing lunch meetings. I became a pilot because I like flying, to which such activities are contra productive.

I do however, operate a 737-800 (as PIC if that matters to you, you seem very hung on status) into dark desolated (no MacDonalds to steer for) 1 runway-1 taxiway airports, surrounded by mountains on a regular basic. And occasionally do a circling at said airports (because the mountains do not allow to approach from either side). That I do according to the SOP of my company in a safe and efficient manner, as I am paid to do.

I don't say that to assert myself, but to explain the reason I felt I had something to contribute to this thread... What was your motivation, except for an opportunity to flash your, for your age quite (sorry) common CV?

You have what you want to believe in - and you feel it's safe and proper ... and apparently are not interested in taking a look at what you're describing from a somewhat different perspective.
If you take the time and look back in the thread, you will see that everyone here use the method I described (including US colleagues). That except for a few cheers to you from General Aviation pilots.

Face it, you are off track. And maybe it is time you review your perspective.

By the way, why aren't you out drinking beer? Colleague doesn't want to pay anyway? Time to throw the towel in the ring.