PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Strikes
Thread: Easyjet Strikes
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2013, 16:47
FBOZH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look I don't come to pprune with the intention of having a rant or with particularly negative feelings however I do feel the need to state the obvious which is contained in my thread. How come no-one lifts an eyebrow at the very forceful methods employed by the company earlier this year? It's happened once, it will happen again.
Jarvis do you know any union that's not membership driven? We are definitely not in tune interestingly although we both hold the same position, I assume you're a line captain and both work for the same company, we do have different cultural backgrounds.
Luckily BALPA enjoys good membership but that doesn't mean everyone is happy as a member. I have spoken countless times to members who were disappointed about the lack of might. Now we all know the work law situation in the UK is not favorable however we can't keep using this as an excuse for not looking after our own. There are issues at BALPA such as communication. They have been pointed out in the past and as far as I'm aware, nothing has been done to address them. Sure you'll be asked to vote once a year on the pay negotiations. But do you feel represented? I didn't when I was in the UK.

So publishing newsletters would be libel or defamation? Without trying to be mean towards you, don't you realise you are speaking like a manager? I mean if you were in management, that's exactly what you would say to stop people from communicating. Who would sue BALPA over publishing newsletters? Cant' BALPA speak to the other unions about it? As much as I try and avoid targeting anyone personally on this forum because it's not the point, I must say I find the idea of libel completely ludicrous.

As I was pointing out above again, communication should be addressed. You have the biggest base of the network, LGW, the most workforce. A lot of pilots not sticking around, awaiting to transfer to other bases. The need for communication is great.
Meanwhile what is the company trying to achieve? Through devide and conquer? Does easyJet want us to speak about our terms and conditions between countries? No, absolutely not! And that's why we must work together to do exactly that!

Again guys, please try and avoid targeting anyone personally here, it's pointless. To answer some of you, I'm a captain, not an F/O. I don't live in the UK anymore so I won't be going to any get together. Yes I do have an interest in the unions overseas, I was in the UK recently so I've had my share of experience with BALPA and I can talk about it.
And the reason I come to the public forum is because there's red tape accross at the company and BALPA ones. And what's wrong with making our discussions public?
Again, I'm not after anyone in particular, I've spoken to reps who were great and had a very good mentality. My feeling is the culture needs to change and that's why I'm on here.