PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is BALPA fit for purpose
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2013, 14:28
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to the suggestion that Flybe pilots should just be transferred to easyJet, that is all very nice in theory but what easyJet want in a pilot may be different to what Flybe wants and some may not be right for the company. Plus you have the guys (myself included) who worked hard at easyJet recruitment this year and were initially welcomed into the company but are now sitting in the hold pool nervously hoping for a start date before they drown. Is it really a fair suggestion that they should be usurped by Flybe pilots who have not even sat an assessment just because their job is at risk?

Don't think I'm not sympathising because I was in the very same position at Flybe earlier this year and know exactly how they feel. But I would not have wanted to jump the queue ahead of someone in the pool, regardless if they had a job. There will be jobs at the places the easyJet 'poolers leave though and if there are still jobs available at easy then perfect. Good luck to everyone at Flybe, the professionalism on view earlier this year and still now when you listen to the R/T is outstanding.

Last edited by RexBanner; 9th Dec 2013 at 18:04.