PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iPad cabin crew tools (geeky passenger interest!)
Old 9th Dec 2013, 13:16
ormy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPad cabin crew tools (geeky passenger interest!)

Hi there

I hope you don't mind me posting here. I'm a long term PPRUNE lurker, frequent flyer (albeit at the back), and work in IT as a product manager of mobile products.

I flew BA recently for the first time and had a minor service issue because of a change of metal. Obviously not the crew's fault (nor is it their fault that I'm 6'7" with long cabin-crew-tripping legs!). It meant I got a bit of a glimpse at the iPad app... the crew member obviously knew who I was (annotated with my BMI-diamond-club-refugee status... it won't last) and what the passenger to seat distribution was. More impressively for me, she arrived at my seat in-flight having already written out a customer service ticket, just to ask for my details.

My interest is simply geeky and professional - I'm a product manager in a completely different industry and it's my job to understand what innovations would really help people.

So for those who get to use these apps, are they really good? In this case, it seems a lot nicer than a dot-matrix printout, but my opinion is irrelvant! Any real enthusiasts for these things out there, or conversely are they a solution looking for a problem?

Thanks
Jon (Reading, UK)