PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How old is too old for first RHS?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2003, 00:20
Mr Angry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my first job at 45yrs of age, straight on to a BAe146. Big step up, but managed. Been made redundant a couple of times, and am now slumming it on an turbo-prop (at the age of 48), and earn a 1/4 of what I was earning 10 years ago. I don't expect to ever get a job on anything larger than an EMB145 or RJ but that'll do me fine if it were to happen, again.

Having said that, would I do it again, then the answer is NO. I can live with what I have had to go through to get here, but it has cost my wife and family dearly, especially my wife's health, and I would never put her through that again. Had a good job which would have funded a good aerobatic single or twin, and I could have filled my boots, and still earned good money, without the hassle of sim rides, medicals every 6 months, etc. Problem is you don't believe it when your mates tell you that flying a shiny jet becomes nothing more than a job. The novelty does wear off. Sure there are some wonderful moments, but its still just a job and it isn't the kind of flying that captured my interest in the first place.

All the same I wish you the very best luck in your search. You will get there you youngster you.