PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - State of play at MyTravel/Kestrel
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2003, 00:02
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obviously we all hope MYT keeps going, but if it does not then all does not appear to be lost. I have it on good authority that easyJet are banking on recruiting large numbers of pilots from the 'fallen' MYT in order to keep their expansion plans afloat. This will become particularly critical at the end of the Summer when the Airbuses start to arrive. I believe they will arrive in excess of 10 per month at the peak (perhaps an 'orange' representative could give the exact figures), and that will be an absolute nightmare for their trainers. What better solution than to take loads of someone else's trained and current pilots at no cost to yourself?

Incidentally, I also hear that bmi baby are about to employ a shed-load of ex-Maersk 737 pilots to rescue them from their type-rated and experienced pilot shortage.

Whatever happens, my very best wishes to all pilots, cabin crew and engineers at MYT. I hope it does not come down to it, but if things go pear-shaped then it looks like there are plenty people out there who will want to hear from you.