PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is BALPA fit for purpose
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2013, 08:49
Artic Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Itch, of course they're in it for money, why else are they in business? If anyone thinks the management gives a toss about you or I then you are very much mistaken. To quote a famous film with Arnie in it, we are expendable assets, nothing more and nothing less.
It doesn't matter what Flybe's policies are, it's irrelevant. If they don't conform to employment law then they are not worth the paper they are written on.

Boeing7117, what did you expect people to do? Vote themselves out of a job? You're deluded if you think people would do this, and you wouldn't have done this either would you. If you're based in MAN right now and you are effectively safe are you prepared to put something to a vote that means your job is untenable? Get real. It's human nature to protect your own back yard, you would be no different. Don't forget that everyone took a financial hit to save jobs, probably including yours. I'm at risk at the moment, I'm not whinging about it, if my number's up then my number's up, I'm not going to moan that others are safe and I'm not, I'm not expecting others to vote themselves out of a job to save me, I'm not expecting others to take a pay cut to save my job either, why should they? I'll take it on the chin and walk away.