PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is BALPA fit for purpose
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2013, 08:37
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So BALPA are going to get 175 jet pilots pilots saying take them to court.

Then they are going to get the same again if not more saying take them to court I have been unfairly dismissed. If they don't do anything that's them not going to get any low seniority pilots joining.

BALPA is stuffed either way.

Also if they do take it to court and loose there is a precedent set, that's it for everyone. And they have far larger membership base in other airlines which could be affected. It would basically make it possible for BA to torch one of the old long haul fleets and get shot of a lot of its old timers on the old wage scales. I am not saying they would do it mind.

They are going to be getting pressure from all sides and I can't see them having any chance of coming out clean.

And those 175 are a conservative 15 million pounds of wage bill a year unless I have got my number of zero's screwed up even if its 1.5 its still significant. That pays for a whole heap of lawyers.

I hope the crew rooms at the mixed fleet bases aren't to hostile.

How many days are left for the consultation period? I presume some of the routes won't finish until LGW closes as a destination using the jet.