PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL/PPL computer based training
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2003, 23:15
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, I hate CBT. Not sure if that's just because I work in IT so I'd rather get away from computer screens, but I can't take in information from a screen as well as I can from a piece of paper. Besides which, I like my green highlighter pen!

However, having done the Bristol course, I found the CD very useful for one thing, and that was the progress tests. I read through the chapters for each frame thoroughly, made notes, marked lots of bits in green and then switched the computer on and did the progress tests, which highlighted areas where I still needed more work. Ensured that when I came to actually send the progress tests off to Bristol for marking, I was up to speed and passed them all.

The other thing the CD was useful for was the "search" facility - find a phrase or word you're not familiar with, search for it, and find the place in the notes where it's discussed. Then finding the relevant page in the paper notes is easy.

Of course the great thing about the Bristol CD is that it's got everything on it, so those who do like CBT will use it, those who don't won't, and everyone's happy.

Haven't seen any other CDs to compare it to.

FFF
-------------