PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I've always wanted to be a pilot (Merged)
Old 9th Dec 2013, 02:17
mr.piloot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If i could turn back the time i would have done my training different,
this is my opinion and i don't want to start a modular vs integrated kind of post.

If you have the money and want to do in integrated i have no other tips than start searching for a good FTO with a good integrated course.

If you have to make 85 K € debt to do so i would'nt recommend this.

If you go modular, then maybe i have some good advice.

Just start with a ppl course, you can do this in a club, but maybe an FTO is better for a becoming commercial pilot.
After ppl continue hour building towards the cpl requirements in combination with te ATPL theory, this can be done in a day and evening course and distance learning. Focus on the theory and fly a couple of hours to keep up the skills.

After the theory hour building continues, try to combine this with a job to bring in the money you will hardly need.

Then you can go 2 different ways, first the IR or first CPL this is up to you.
There are advantages and disadvantages in wich order you do is, search to forum for this

In my opinion, try to have a good balance of money spending and money earning, the timebuilding and IR are the expensivest, as other members already said, don't expect a pilot job a week after you are done with the training, nevertheless you never know ! I have a friend who had his first pilot job after a month but also friends who are waiting after 3 years and still nothing.
Always think possitive but also be realistic

That said , i would'nt recommend going deeper than 30 k € in debt. BUT this is my opinion

I wish you many luck in your training