PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2013, 00:38
Ida down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Berealgetreal. A interesting letter. The difference with the staff I worked with in TAA and later QF have very little to do with the staff of today. I believe its called attitude. You don't have to go far to see it, sometimes in your own kids, regardless of how you try to bring them up. In all fairness to QF staff though, they had their careers taken away from them, and put on contracts, by Dixon. That immediately had a effect on customer service, and they quickly developed a "who givsa" attitude, never seen in Asian Carriers. Most of the staff of today would not have lasted five minutes in the "old" TN/QF/AN. I believe its called progress. Recently we took a trip on both JQ and QF. JQ to SYD from BNE, SYD to LAX, QF (business class). There was no comparison. On JQ my wife was assisted with her cabin luggage, the girls were sociable, and friendly, and we enjoyed the flight, then some hours later on to QF. The CC watched her try to put her small bag in the overhead locker, (she is fifty kilo's, wringing wet) did not ask if she needed any help, she asked how the sleeper beds worked, they said its easy to work out, and left it at that. I put it down to that we were on staff travel, on the manifest, and therefore should be treated as such. But then "attitude" raised its ugly head again, not just to us, but all around us. Some of these young flight attendants, really are just plain rude, and disrespectful, but on the trip home we had a much older crew, who were good, efficient, and God help us, pleasant. I wrote a letter to QF, telling of them about attitude problems, I am still waiting for a answer, but perhaps then again, staff opinions don't count. If I had to pay five grand to fly business, I would look to SQ/TG, where you are treated politely, and with respect, regardless of what they really think of you. On QF, you are left in no doubt, by some. I have no idea if the Tech crew receive the same treatment, I cannot imagine it, but then again.............?