PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 8th Dec 2013, 19:46
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Cows getting bigger

Silo, re you post 722, it has of course happened, albeit different scenario and on the P1.
http://dms.ntsb.gov/aviation/Acciden...2013120000.pdf
Mmm, I thought my post 722 was about the unlikelihood of inadvertently shutting down the wrong engine after an engine problem. The example you give is an inadvertent movement if the#1 twist grip out if it's detent and while manually controlling that engine, inadvertently moving #2 out of its detent. Did you read & understand your own link?

Of course on the T1 we know that the twist grips are smaller and we also know that on the T2, not only are the twist grips larger and have different textures, if the twist grip was to have been inadvertently moved out if it's detent (as in your linked incident), the CAD would display, 'TWIST GRIP' on the respective side thereby indicating to the pilot the problem, which is easily resolved by putting the twist grip back into its detent.

I think that all you have done here Cgb, is trawled the internet for a 135 incident where someone did something unexpected and somehow linked it to something unrelated. I guess this shows that knowing the 135 helps a bit in threads such as this.