PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is BALPA fit for purpose
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2013, 13:37
JB007

PPRuNe Secret Agent!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may be harsh but....

Have to agree with mad_jock - Welcome to a new world...

The company will have a law firm behind them all the way, those of you with "at risk" letters, get your head round this is happening - BALPA/Legal Action/Loyalty moans/Training costs...forget it! Put your effort into looking at your job options...

Thomson made me redundant in 2010, only 8 months after transferring me from the B756 to B737, I've had all the same thoughts as those mentioned here and never been a BALPA member since nor will I ever!

Personally, I think the industry has got worse since, my expectations have never been lower and I've never been so uninspired by recent management I've experienced and some cadets I've met - in nearly 4 years to the day of exiting Thomson, I'll be joining a secure airline with career options and a career package for someone with my experience, but it has come with some large compromises that I've just had to suck-up if I wanna be a pilot in the UK!

Welcome to a new world... - IMHO, it's one where BALPA is just old news and out-dated...but protect yourselves, they will do nothing!