PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is BALPA fit for purpose
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2013, 13:20
Oldfield89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BALPA

BALPA...

In my hour of 'need' some months ago...I personally felt very let down indeed by BALPA at that time.

Mine was a complex, medical related issue but I felt that I was very much left to fend for myself in certain areas.

I only received advice between meetings and when the company negotiator was out on the road, using his hands-free car kit!

When the company final offer letter arrived, BALPA responded on a whimper...I was not 100% guaranteed to WIN any tribunal, so I can only assume that I was filed in the 'Too Difficult' in-tray.

I contacted BALPA General Secretary (without reply) stating how let down I felt...I thankfully kept my position and have not looked back after commencing appropriate medication earlier this year, with the full support of UK CAA Medical Division.

I continue to be a 'month-to-month' member of BALPA and I have been very impressed with our new negotiator thus far, after a one-to-one meeting with him recently. Things appear to have improved recently including a newly formed CC.

Good Luck to all at BE, you have our sympathies.