PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reports on Red Arrows and Flt Lt Cunningham's death
Old 8th Dec 2013, 11:21
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Rigga, I can do little more than echo tuc's comments. Your post was from the heart and all the more worthy for that. If all who posted re Airworthiness and Air or Flight Safety did likewise this dialogue would be all the more valuable and effective.
I know that we disagree about the Haddon Cave Report and suspect that will not change. So be it. My problem with him is that he was given clear evidence of the deliberate destruction of the UK Military Airworthiness system and chose not only to ignore it but to characterise that time as a 'Golden Period'. That really had the imprimatur of the MOD 'advisors' that 'assisted' him in the preparation of his Report. Thus were the perpetrators of the destruction protected, thus was the solution to their subversion prevented. Despite the urgent need for a separate MAA and MAAIB (both of the MOD and of each other), by protecting those VSO's he obscured that need and recommended instead inclusion within the MOD fold. Hence history can now be repeated ad infinitum.
That is my problem with Haddon Cave, that it is his Report that is responsible for the clay man that is the MAA, and for that matter the MAAIB. So no tff, I cannot share your enthusiasm for them and what they are, but rather urge others to demand that they become what they should be, what any Air Regulator and Air Accident Investigator should be, independent of the Operator and of each other.

Last edited by Chugalug2; 8th Dec 2013 at 12:22.